The Pennsylvania Department of Health has reported an additional 5,253 positive cases of COVID-19 and 108 new deaths since Wednesday’s report, when 5,012 new cases and 170 new deaths were reported.
That brings the statewide total to 1,496,399 cases and 30,336 deaths attributed to COVID-19.
There are 2,978 people hospitalized with COVID-19. Of that number, 664 patients are in the intensive care unit with COVID-19. More data is available here.
The 14-day moving average number of hospital patients trend continues to increase. The full 14-day moving average since the start of the pandemic can be found here.
The statewide percentage of positivity for the week of October 1-7 was 9.6%
Latest COVID-19 Numbers County by County
County specific information and a statewide map are available on the COVID-19 Data Dashboard.
The number of cases of COVID-19 in school-aged children (between 5 and 18 years old) is more than 9 times higher this year than in 2020. In fact, between September 29 and October 5, 2020, it There were a total of 778 cases of COVID-19 in school-aged children compared to 7,046 cases in the same age group in the same week in 2021.
The last the data are available in the “Updated information on cases and deaths” section of the website.
There are 236,341 people who have a positive viral antigen test and are considered probable cases.
To date, 5,590,759 people have tested negative.
In licensed nursing and personal care homes, there have been a total of 77,886 cases of COVID-19 among residents to date and 16,753 cases among employees, for a total of 94,639 cases in 1,636 facilities distinct. Of the total number of deaths reported to PA-NEDSS, 14,230 have occurred among residents of nursing or personal care facilities. A breakdown by county can be found here.
Note that the number of deaths reported to NEDSS is not exactly the same as COVID-19-related deaths reported by the death registry. The number of deaths among residents and employees of nursing and health care homes is taken from PA-NEDSS death data, as this information is not available in the death registry data.
About 31,693 of the total cases involved healthcare workers.
Strengths of the vaccine
Federal Data Representing the 67 Counties:
- According to the CDC, on Wednesday, October 13, Pennsylvania ranks 5e among the 50 states for total doses administered.
- According to the CDC, as of Wednesday, October 13, 70% of Pennsylvanians aged 18 and over were fully vaccinated.
State-wide data representing the 66 counties within the vaccine jurisdiction of the Ministry of Health:
- The Pennsylvania Vaccine Dashboard was updated on Friday, July 9 to more accurately reflect the number of people partially and fully vaccinated in each county outside of Philadelphia, as well as the demographics of those vaccinated. For state-to-state comparisons, see CDC vaccine data tracking.
- Vaccine suppliers have administered 13,241,569 total doses of vaccine, including 312,485 additional doses (which include additional injections for people with compromised immunity and booster shots), as of Thursday, October 14.
- 6,332,117 people are fully vaccinated; with 71,604 vaccinations administered since yesterday and a seven-day moving average of more than 24,900 people per day vaccinated.